The Consumer Affairs Division is comprised of the
The goal of the Consumer Affairs Division is to provide quality parking
regulation services under the Parking Division; efficient and effective
permitting services under Licensing Division; and beneficial consumer
protection services, under Weights & Measures Division for residents,
visitors and merchants to enhance public safety and ensure our community
standards are upheld.
- Continue to provide parking enforcement
activities intended to improve our traffic flow and enhance public
- Continue to provide efficient and effective consumer protection services through Licensing and Weights & Measures permitting that support an economic
development strategy which provides for employment, growth, business retention and business expansion.
- Continue efforts to reduce marketplace error and overcharges through our Weights & Measures program or education, warnings and appropriate enforcement
action, in order to protect consumers and ensure small business retention and success.
- Continue to pursue and implement parking program changes
that improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enhance revenues.
- Continue to improve Licensing functions to provide increased assistance
and streamlined procedures and fees to applicants during the permitting
process to sustain and enhance business in activity centers.
- Continue to pursue the development and enhancement of increased on-line
information and web based forms to assist the Town and the applicant in
reaching their goals in the shortest possible time.
- Continue to pursue funding for system automation ultimately to allow for
online renewal of business licenses.